TIAW Entrepreneurship Program
Each year more women discover the power of owning and growing their own businesses. For many it is a choice; for some, particularly in societies where career opportunities for women remain limited, it is the only option. Worldwide, the number of women-owned businesses is growing at a faster rate than male-owned businesses. While the majority of women entrepreneurs own very small businesses, many own larger enterprises, including sizeable corporations operating multi-nationally. Whatever the case, strong business acumen, perseverance and determination are what
distinguish successful women entrepreneurs and TIAW will leverage the impact of that expertise by making connections, sharing best practices and bringing women entrepreneurs together virtually and in person.
In keeping with the TIAW mission of fostering the economic independence and empowerment of women globally, the Entrepreneurship Program offers members the opportunity to acquire the knowledge, strategies, practical tools and networks needed to help them become successful entrepreneurs, wherever they may be. By way of program content, delivery and reach – using the web and other technologies -- we aim to support and add value to the programs our TIAW member associations already offer their members.
The TIAW Entrepreneurship Program encompasses three streams for women entrepreneurs:
- Establishing a new business and/or goals to expand your business
- Mentoring other women entrepreneurs
- Developing international trade relationships for established, growth-oriented businesses
How does the Entrepreneurship Program benefit TIAW members?
The Program will:
- Stimulate Business Development and Networking: through connecting TIAW entrepreneurs, their products or services, and their networks globally.
- Offer Professional Development: through on-line business coaching sessions and unique webinars. These programs offer opportunities for TIAW member associations to sponsor sessions which can be delivered in a variety of ways to their members, as well as delivered direct by TIAW to members globally. Specialists in business coaching, leadership management, mentoring and international business from around the world will participate and contribute to the discussions and workshops with the goals of moving all of TIAW’s entrepreneurs along the business development continuum.
- Harness the power of TIAW entrepreneurs and World of Difference award-winners worldwide to identify best practices to create thought leadership in entrepreneurship and to develop a unified voice to influence opinion makers globally.
TIAW has partnered with the Cherie Blair Foundation
to support women entrepreneurs in developing and emerging economies.
Three times each year, we invite outstanding male and female team
members to join their distinctive Mentoring Programme as mentors.We’re
pleased to invite you to be a mentor with the Cherie Blair Foundation in
their group. Learn how to apply by visiting our Cherie Blair Mentoring Programme page.
Get involved today. To learn more about the Entrepreneurship Program, please feel free to contact the Program Director, at Entrepreneurship@TIAW.org.
For a list of other informative resources, please visit our resource page for Global Women Resources*.
*Courtesy of Quantum Leaps